Ministry with Churches in Transitions Conference Community
Here are some of the Questions Asked and Information Shared during the 2016 CEF Conference Community Conversations:
What do people want of this group?
How can I move from full time to 3/4 time with the same congregation without them feeling I am “unavailable” to them or that I have “abandoned” them?
As the person leaving/retiring from my ministry position, what, if any, is the appropriate role for me to play as the church transitions to an evaluation of staffing needs?
I have questions around establishing my church as an anchor church for a new monastic community, creating a business plan, nonprofit...
Why are people/church so afraid of change/transition?
What stories - of leaving well? What does leaving well look like?
- intentional setting up time with people I care about
- allow self grieving time
- pastor preached sermons about grief - gave congregation permission to grieve
- some folk - have to just not talk to
- have conversation with new church/parish where role of “retired” staff is defined
- how to sit in congregation as congregant, not pastor/staff - not solving
- equipped team to do VBS without me (but okay to call)
- create strong committee structure to continue programs after staffer leaves
- know moving is stressful
- identify leadership - equip them for leadership roles
- remember you can’t be responsible for other folks’ mistakes
Resources - or a plan for - self care in the transition
Click above to access and add more resources gleaned from participants in this Community of Practice.
Recent forum updates